THREE YEAR WINNER!
"Best Tour of the Gorge"
2011, 2012 & 2013
Vote for Best of Gorge
My Personal Commitment:
I am passionate about the great outdoors, eager to share the natural
beauty that surrounds us, and willing to help you to discover these wonders.
Hiking with Martin will touch your heart and soles!
Martin Hecht's Bio:
- Outdoorsman and adventurer with over 20 years experience exploring the
Columbia River Gorge. Avid concern for the environment, sustainable development,
and good stewardship of land & water
- B.S. Environmental Science – State University of New York College
of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Wilderness training in backpacking, rock climbing, spelunking and white
- Swift water Rescue Training (SRT certification) and experienced river
- Founding member of Skamania County Search and Rescue (SAR)
- Skamania Chamber of Commerce member since 1990
- Mount Hood ski patrol member and Mountain Host
- Professional Raft Guide
- Summit of Mount Adams, Cycle Oregon, Portland Marathon, Hood to Coast
Relay, Trekking on the Pacific Coast Trail (PCT) and the Appalachian Trail
- Portland Business Owner and Financial Consultant since 1989